Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!  and by everyone, of course, I mean both of you that sometimes read this. :)

I hope that you all celebrated fully and safely. I actually stayed up past midnight this year, but it was kind of a fluke. My hubby and I were watching a movie and we looked at the clock and said, "huh, it's midnight. whaddya know? Happy New Year babe." And that was the extent of our wild NYE partying.

Have you made any Resolutions this year?

I'm not sure if I have ever really made any New Years Resolutions. This year, however, there are things in my life that need some changing. Here are my resolutions:

*I will complete a load of laundry every day that I am home--from Wash, to hang up/put away. If I start the washer in the morning when I get up, it should be doable, right. Maybe this will help keep me from having week-long laundry marathons where I feel like I can never get caught up. This will make my life happier.

*I will not go to bed with a sink full of dishes. If I get all the dishes done after I put the kids in bed, I start the morning with a clean slate. This also will make my life happier.

*I will plan more activities with my kiddos. The past year was a bummer for many reasons. But looking back, I almost feel like, because of our circumstances and my physical/emotional limitations, we missed out on a good six months of our lives! I want to give my kids lots of fun new experiences this year.

*I also saw a really great idea on Pinterest that I have implemented. You turn all of your hangers backward on the rod. Then whenever you hang something back up after wearing it, you turn the hanger around the correct way. That way you can easily see what you have not worn. The idea is that in 6 months, you get rid of everything you have not worn. I probably wear 10% of the clothes in my closet. I tend to wear the same things over and over, so why hang onto all the extra junk when I can give it away?!  We'll see how it goes.

*And last, but certainly not least, I need to lose 20 pounds. yikes. I don't mean to be one of those people that you roll your eyes at, but I have never really had to try to lose weight before. Growing up, I guess I was blessed with good metabolism or something, but my weight was just never something I thought much about. After my first 2 pregnancies, I was able to drop the weight pretty quickly, but I attribute that mostly to breast feeding. This time around, without a starving newborn to suck the weight off, the pounds have decided that they are happy right where they are. My first course of action is pretty low key. I'm just going to try to eat better, cut the sweets, drink more water, not eat another full meal right before I go to bed. That sort of thing. I'm pretty much still eating for two. That needs to stop. And I want to start doing some yoga classes. Even just once a week. That is my initial plan. I'm gonna give it 2 months. If it's not working, we'll have to resort to more drastic measures. I'll keep you posted.

There are other more personal goal I have set for myself as well, but these are some of the biggies.

If you haven't thought about it, take some time to reflect on 2011. What did you learn last year? What are some things God showed you about yourself, how to love your spouse, how to parent your children? What are some things that will help make your 2012 better? It's a new year baby! Let's make it a great one.

4 comments:

  1. hey girlfriend...just so you know, i always read your blog! ALWAYS! :)
    i never make new year's resolutions but blake and i have decided to implement something new...
    every week we are going to sit down and talk about our week...what our responsibilities/plans/expectations are for ourselves and each other. that way we both know what to expect and how each other's week is going to go instead of just winging it. it actually sounds silly now that i'm typing it out, but it's a big problem in our relationship (we argue about small things b/c we don't communicate). also, we can get our laundry done in one day if we do it once a week (b/c we don't have kiddos)...so we decided that we HAD to finish the laundry if we started it. meaning that we have to wash, dry, fold and put it away (it's the putting away that gets us and then we leave it on the couch for 4 days...lol). anyway, just some small goals. love ya lady! and praying for y'all as you head into this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, fyi: we started the laundry right after church around 1 pm and it's still going (about 5 loads later) and we are GOING TO FINISH IT! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. S-
    That's a wonderful idea to communicate your schedules on a weekly basis. I hope it helps you guys to stay on the same page and reduce conflict caused by unrealized expectations.

    I'm a little jealous that you can do all your laundry in one day. Ah, the kid free life. Now you throw in a couple of loads of cloth diapers a week, a couple of loads of " bed- wetted" sheets, on top of clothing for four and it seems like the washer never stops. It's a goo trade off though. I dont mind a little more laundry when I get to kiss their little faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and thank you for reading my blog :)

    ReplyDelete